11 March 2009

What a nice package to come home to!

Package from Get Knitted

Research on Rav suggests that this yarn - Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in 'jungle stripe' - will make fairly broad actual stripes. I'm quite pleased that I remembered to check, since I've been disappointed with the way space-dyed yarn has knit up in the past, and stripes was definitely what I wanted. This will probably be Coriolis, with no further calculation required since I store master numbers for all my New Pathways socks in my clever calculatey spreadsheet, and can just look up what I did last time. Hoorah for Cat Bordhi!


The non-yarn in the package is extras for my Harmony interchangeable needles: two new cables (one short and one long), three new pairs of needles (two large and one small), and the cable connectors that I've been mourning the lack of; these needles can now do everything my Denises can!

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Gwenynen said...

Ah, hello! I can comment here :-D Excellent stash stuff - where d'you get it from? I have LL envy...

11 March 2009 at 22:14  
Blogger Triskellian said...

Hi Gwenynen :-)

That's why I moved - hadn't realised Vox didn't allow commenting!

The LL is from http://www.getknitted.com, and I can't wait to start knitting it! Sadly, it's for a gift, so I don't get to keep it :-(

11 March 2009 at 22:21  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, nice! Wish I'd come home to a parcel like that - all I had was a card from ParcelFarce saying they'd taken something (hopefully my ball winder and swift!) to the local Post Office.

Also, hurrah for new blog - I hope that commenting with my Wordpress ID works, as the blogger one is for my food blog.

11 March 2009 at 23:13  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home