28 October 2009

Not enough to knit!

I currently only have one thing on the needles! And unfortunately, it requires too much looking-at to be practical to knit while watching TV or reading, but it's moving along slowly:

Selbu modern in progress, favoured side

What had brought about this strange state of affairs is finishing off two things in the last week: the dragon's breath scarf, and the swimming coriolis. This is the scarf in its unblocked state:
Unblocked dragon's breath scarf

And this is it held taut-ish to show the pattern off:
Dragon's breath scarf held taut
(That's the edge of my Wisteria sleeve visible on the left, and the edge of Making Money by Terry Pratchett (which I haven't yet read) on the right.)

I'm planning to only lightly block this - I like how it looks like very complex cables as it is now, and I think blocking it completely flat would lose some of its charm.

These are the swimming coriolis:

Finished swimming coriolis
They look rather more leftovery (which they are) than I hoped, because the roll of the cast-off edge obscures most of the second band of the variegated yarn, so I'm rethinking my original intention of giving these as a gift - I don't think they're nice enough :-/

I've got various other projects (all gifts) wandering around in my head, but I haven't got round to doing anything concrete like swatching or sketching or even winding the yarn into balls. Unusually, I want to be already knitting rather than starting to knit, which is a bit of a problem when most of my knitting time isn't well suited to my sole current project. I'm hoping that writing this post will serve as a kind of catalyst, and prompt me to go and do one of those things, but I'm sufficiently distrustful of today's energy levels (I'm coming down with a cold) to avoid saying that I'm going to go and start something as soon as I click "publish post" ;-)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home