12 November 2010

Blocking lace


This is Annis, pinned to the futon in my library, blocking. I added some more rows of plain stocking stitch with a row of eyelets just before the cast off edge (ribbon is threaded through them in the picture, although I haven't decided yet if I'll wear it with the ribbon or if it's just a blocking aid). I went round the cast on edge afterwards with a teen tiny crochet hook (three single crochet to each cast on loop) and added beads to each point.

This is to wear for a friend's wedding in a week and a bit, and I've been putting off finishing the edging before suddenly realising quite how soon it is!

Talking of things I've been putting off... the sheer weight of unblogged projects has been hanging over me and harshing my blog mojo, but I got fed up with it ;-) I might blog the unblogged stuff; I might not. For now, I'll just do a list of things I'm currently working on:

  • Rogue - this is a reknit. I made the cardigan version years ago and it never quite worked, so I've unravelled and am reknitting as a jumper, with - I think - better gauge. I'm about 20 rows into the hood, so nearly finished, and very excited about it :-)

  • Still knitting Henry for large-male-friend-R. About halfway through, and sort of hoping to be done for Christmas this year (and hoping/planning to make a hat for his daughter and mitts for his wife to accompany the gift).

  • Space-invader-yoke cardigan for toddler-L (reknitting the star kimono and Tomten he's grown out of). I got a fair way into this before being seized with doubt about the sizes of toddlers, and after his mother had wielded the measuring tape, it was confirmed that the internet had lied to me, so I had to start again, and lost motivation.

  • Oh god another reknit: the suffragette socks! The double-knit cuffs are great, but the first version of the sock body (so to speak) was too tight. I should know better! So I'm reknitting those, to be grafted to the cuffs. Eventually.

  • And finally, not on the needles, but in planning: I made C a simple ribbed cowl for her birthday, and I really want one myself! I'm wearing pashminas-as-scarves a lot, but getting really fed up with the dangling ends. It only took an afternoon to knit C's, so all I need to do is choose yarn and find time...


Oh, and I knit yet another pair of baby Coriolis for the imminent arrival of T's baby, but despite finishing them ages ago, I have not yet posted them, and the baby was due a couple of days ago. Note to self: post socks.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home